SQL quirkiness

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Wed Sep 3 21:49:03 CDT 2008

On Wednesday, September 3, 2008 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>>> depending on the amount of data try to export and check if there are
>>> some "funny" invisible chars inside of a field. Sometimes when my
>>> users copy content from html-pages, they tend to paste more than what
>>> is good for the app. Before applying some filters in my app I
>>> experienced these issues from time to time (and of course in much
>>> older versions then the current one).
>>>
>>> Try to nail down the issue, so iterate over all the
>>>
>>>   like 'sa%'
>>>   like 'sb%'

>>> until you find the record that causes the issue.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try this with no luck.  Then, I realized
>> that I should first try the same database in my current prod app using V4RB
>> 3.01.  No problems there, so I don't think it is a case of bad data.
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>Then please do next
>
>1) you can test latest beta (may be Vstudio only)
>
>    http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/

The problem still exists with version 3.6.

>2) report into Mantis with way to reproduce it.

I've already sent my database to Ivan.  I will report to Mantis tomorrow when I have time.  But, I expect I will drop back to V4RB 3.01 since that version worked for me and I do not need any new features after that.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/