AW: AW: How to encode Valentina for german umlaute Win-Mac?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Oct 14 03:11:27 CDT 2008

Hello Ruslan
Thank you, this (almost) works! (I self-doubted already with testing
"Western" and "MacRoman" :)) I didn't find any encoding names in your wikis.
Which name conventions do you use? Because "Western" and "MacRoman" are also
correct names in other systems. Do you have a name table?

Now the german umlaute are shown correctly on Win and Mac. BUT SQL selecting
with SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE myField LIKE '%myString%' does work for
german umlaute only on Win. On Mac no stings with umlaute are found at all.
For a german it's essential :) Hoping this is also a standard issue for you
Thank you
Tiemo