Import to MySQL

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 13 11:50:51 CDT 2008

On 10/13/08 7:47 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> If I have to edit the file, the sql dump won't work. The customer has
> huge databases (> 5 GB), which make editing impossible.

At first possible dump Structure only.
Then only records.

>  And of
> course, I'm using ObjectPtr's.

Then this is NOT easy step.

> What other possibilities do I have to move the data to MySQL other
> than having the databases talk to each other directly? Since it's
> just for one customer I don't want to put too much time into this if
> possible.

Export structure.

Then create it in mySQL
Then export import records as COMA text files.
Many manual work.

And ObjectPtr is issue.

In mySQL db you can replace them on ULONG.

And you need export also RecID value, and have it in mySQL as KEY field of
table with name "RecID"

Then you will get similar picture I think