App needed to recover uninstalled Valentina.vdb files on a Windows XP Pro platform

Barry G. Sumpter barry at noodlebox.com.au
Sun Oct 12 16:59:15 CDT 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply Ruslan.

It's a business critical app.  So no sending it off to the PC tech.
I only had a few hours to sort it out.

Tried PCTools file revocery.  Took too long.  Excruciating wait.
Nothing.

Had to reinstall a blank DB to get them back to running their business.

Yeah, tried every recover app I could find on my developers HDD.
I install my app with Valentina DB's.
Then uninstalled it.

None could find the Valentina DB's.
They all found standard every day file extensions.
But not a single one found Valentina DB Files.

I ran some against my developers db where I've created and deleted many many VDBs.
Still nothing.

Norton Undelete was the first I thought of.  But hard to find and the one I did find was from 2004.
Either they've stopped producing one or they've started including it in a suite.  Or stopped advertising it.

  Thanks,
     Barry G. Sumpter
     Manager - I.T. Development And Support
     Noodle Box Pty Ltd
     Unit 13A / 663 Victoria St.
     Abbotsford, VIC  3067
     Direct: (03) 8851-4212
     Office:  (03) 8851-4275
     Mobile: 0448 714 172

     EMail: barry at noodlebox.com.au
     Web: www.noodlebox.com.au

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee.  The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived,
lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error.  If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify
Noodle Box immediately by return e-mail to the sender; (c) please delete the original e-mail.
 Please consider the environment before printing this email