How to encode Valentina for german umlaute Win-Mac?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sat Oct 11 09:48:19 CDT 2008

Hello,

after finally solved my RunRev-Valentina deployment on Mac, I am stuck in
the next "standard" issue. I have created the db on Win, here everything
works fine with german umlaute. After transferring to the Mac the umlaute
are destroyed, when getting them to an output in RunRev. When working with
SQLite (sorry for that :-)) I just converted the String, getting from the db
on Mac with a rev function isotomac( ) before the output into a field. That
doesn't works any more with Valentina. Probably I have to use any Valentina
function or set something like VDataBase_StorageEncoding( dbRef,
[inStrValue] ) or something like that. But I don't know what to set and how
to set. Is it something with UTF-xxx? (I am not used to UTF coding issues).
Probably this time an easy one!

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo