problems building a rev-valentinastandalone on mac

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 10 07:00:47 CDT 2008

Hi, Tiemo.

What I did step-by-step:

1. Download and install REV 3.0 on windows
2. Download and install V4REV on windows. After installation run the
"install.rev" script. Restart Revolution.
3. Open some simple app which use Valentina.

Build for Windows.
4. "File" - "Standalone Application Settings" - "OS X"
   Here disable check box "Mac OS X(Universal)"
   For now just try to build windows app.

5. In the "General" tab of "Standalone Application Settings" select
   "Select inclusions of the standalone application" instead of
   "Search for required inclusions when saving the standalone
   application"

   If using native Valentina syntax then select "Valentina2" at the
   "Script libraries" section. If using REVDB API, then also select
   "Database support" - > "Valentina2"

6. "File" - "Save As Standalone Application..." to create executable.
   After creating - check it. It work. Ok.

Build for Mac OS from Windows.

1. Install on mac os V4REV.
2. Copy folder "~/My Revolution Enterprise/Runtime/Mac OS X" from mac to win
"/My Documents/My Revolution Enterprise/Runtime/Mac OS X"

3. In the "File" - "Standalone Application Settings" - "OS X", of
our app, enable check box "Mac OS X(Universal)"

4. "File" - "Save As Standalone Application..." to create executable.
   After creating - check it at Mac OS. It work.

Kirill Pekarov
Software Engineer Associate
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database