AW: AW: Performance of encrypted db?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 7 09:32:31 CDT 2008

On 10/7/08 4:12 PM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

>> I think so:
>> it may be dependent of the way you setup your database (one file or
>> (at the most) 4 files (vdb,dat,blob, ind)
>> If you use the 'more' file format only the vdb file will be encrypted
>> with kStructureOnly leaving the data part wide open
>>
>> if you use the one file format I wouldn't trust the data being
>> protected (when hacking the file), but we better ask the Highest
>> Authority (Ruslan)

Okay.

Why we have allow in Valentina have only Structure encryption?

This is NOT protection of data.
    this is protection of one Valentina developer,
    from another Valentina developer or from just
    Valentina Studio.

Anybody else cannot open your db using Valentina engine.

And we did have developers which was in need encrypt STRUCTURE of DB,
Because they think they have complex structure, and THIS structure itself is
secret from other competitors of their apps