AW: Performance of encrypted db?

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Oct 7 08:35:48 CDT 2008

Hello Tiemo,

> Hi Bart,
> my thought was if "Encryption of the structure allows you to deny opening of
> your database files" I can't read the datas too, or am I wrong here?

Yes, encryption structure is enough to reject db opening attempt with wrong
key. So you will be unable to open database using vStudio or any
other ADKs.
But you can read the files using some editors or viewers and see the
data (Mostly it is not so easy to understand it but strictly speaking
the data is available for reading)

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc