Deployment for Mac

Markus Fraefel markus.fraefel at futurestudios.ch
Thu Oct 2 07:26:08 CDT 2008

YES it works now!
Many thanks.
Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net
[mailto:valentina-bounces at lists.macserve.net] On Behalf Of Ruslan Zasukhin
Sent: Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008 11:34
To: valentina at lists.macserve.net
Subject: Re: Deployment for Mac

On 10/2/08 12:22 PM, "Markus Fraefel" <markus.fraefel at futurestudios.ch>
wrote:

Hi Markus,

> I found the vcomponents folder and copied its content into the
> vcomponents folder of my Application.app (mac projector).

WRONG.

You should not do this manually.
Script do it self PLUS it do some magic steps yet.

> I still get a list of files that are missing, but it is much shorter now.
> The missing files seem to be a part of the Xtra itself. According to
> the message, the Xtra's name should be "V4MD.xtra" wherease my Xtra is
> called "V4MD_Carbon.xtr". Renaming my Xtra doesn't help...

Wait a moment!

1) we have two versions of V4MD MAC

    a) V4MD Carbon      for old Directors 6 - 10
    b) V4MD Universal   for new Director 11

2) so what version of director you are using?

IF you use OLD Directors, you do not use that deployment script at all.
    All you need is just self copy V4MD_Carbon.Xtra like any other used
    Xtras into Xtra folder of your projector.

    And you will need yet copy **items** of OTHER folder
    of vcomponents which is located  at /Library/CFVSupport/VComponents

Please check careful your configuration, And then read in WIKI corresponded
deployment section.
We have deployment for OLD Director, and for NEW.

Valentina - Joining Worlds of Information http://www.paradigmasoft.com