[V4REV] problem with binded variables - Revolution

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 12 13:30:29 CST 2008

On 11/12/08 8:19 PM, "David Simpson" <dsimpson at dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
wrote:

Hi David,

First of all let me point that we discussing here NOT major issue.
Just I did wonder when have to see code.

Kirill did guess that MAY BE you use some auto-generation code, and this way
is more simple,

So we just discussing "the best style" for your task.

> Yes, you are exactly correct in terms of how the bind variables
> should be implemented.
>
> But my problem is that Revolution doesn't respect empty values within
> arrays as NULL values. I am sure that this functionality will improve
> in the future, and then I will change my code accordingly.

I have not catch this point.
You do not need put into array NULL and empty values at all.

Let you have fields in table f1, f2, f3.
    all marked as Nullable.

Then you do

    Array add V1, v3

    INSERT INTO T (f1, f3) VALUES (:1, :2)

In this case f2 will get NULL value for Valentina.

Or you want say that this not happens?
I am sure it must work as I describe above.