[V4REV] problem with binded variables - Revolution

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 12 07:03:21 CST 2008

On 11/12/08 12:33 PM, "Kirill Pekarov" <kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com>
wrote:

Hi, David.

>> On Windows, I still get the Date error I saw previously.
> Thank you for report.
> The bug resolved. Wait next beta please.

I want to add.

I want clarify your style with binding, David.

* you do in REV code building of ARRAY with 21 values.
    only 8 fields have some real values,
    rest are empty or NULL.

* then you have query of kind

    INSERT INTO T( f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, f7, f8,  ... f21 )
        VALUES( :1, :2, :3, NULL, NULL, :5, NULL, :7, NULL ... :21)

In fact you can do this much simpler:

* ARRAY should have only 8 real values. Nothing more

* SQL query need specify only 8 fields, and 8 binds

    INSERT INTO T( f1, f2, f3, f6, f8, ... f21 )
        VALUES( :1, :2, :3, :4, :5, :6, :7, :8 )

That is all.

And such query will be more effective, because less work for CPU and
network, and REV ...