Vstudio do not recognize db created by other user

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:04:24 CDT 2008

I have a similar issue. If you are running Valentina with a local database
and you are accessing it with RunRev and then you open the same database in
Valentina Studio you get multiple crashes (it brings both RunRev down and
Valentina Studio down). I will report this easily repeatable error on Mantis
but I'm confused. I remember asking about this once before because it is not
behavior I expect. When you access a SQLite database locally using RunRev
and then access it at the same time using SQLiteManager everything runs
together nicely even though SQLite is not a multi-user database and is not
on a server.
Rather than answering my question with: "Put your valentina database on a
server and then you will have no problem" what I want to hear is that there
is a way to make this ok locally. Lots of people don't want the overhead of
a server.

As Valentina Studio keeps improving you are going to see more and more users
wanting to have both their copy of RunRev and their custom database solution
open and Valentina Studio open doing reports and stuff. Also many users will
still not want to operate a server.