0002995: Default field values not being used when creating a new record

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Thu Mar 27 15:23:47 CDT 2008

Hello All,

I have a mantis report listed that has been open for some time, seems
to me to be a serious issue, and it has not been looked at.

The problem is with default field values.  The mantis report is for a
field that has a default value shown through VStudio, but when a
record is inserted the field still gets a null, not the default value.

Do the default field values just not work currently?  Is anybody using
this kind of functionality.  I also need them for Timestamps.

Version 3.5.2, Linux VServer, V4RB Client

Thanks.

Jason Moehlman