bug with variables, link & stored procedures ?

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:52:01 CDT 2008

Dag Steven,

we are working I think on similar functionality. This is our login
procedure (called from php)

create or replace procedure cm_spLogin(in vc_logon varchar,IN
vc_password varchar)
begin
DECLARE users_in_table integer;
declare userid integer;
DECLARE logon VARCHAR;
DECLARE intCount INTEGER;
set logon = CONCAT(vc_logon,vc_password);
SET intCount = SELECT count(*) FROM tbl_users where unique_logon =
logon;
SET userid = 0;
IF intCount <> 0 THEN
set userid = select recid from tbl_users where unique_logon = logon;
SET @user_id = userid;
update tbl_users SET last_login_dt = now() WHERE recid = @user_id;
else
SET users_in_table = 0;
set users_in_table = SELECT count(*) FROM TBL_USERS;
IF (users_in_table = 0) then
raise 50002,'no users in table';
ELSEIF (users_in_table > 0) then
raise 50001, 'invalid login';
end IF
END if
exception
when others THEN
call cm_CoreErrorHandler('cm_spLogin');
end;

we had our bunch of issues but this seems to be working stable.
As you can see we 'declared' the variables we our using. I wonder if
declaring your variables would change the issues you are seeing.

vriendelijke groet

Bart Pietercil