need help with Clone

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Mar 20 16:23:15 CDT 2008

>Currently - I suppose starting from some 3.5.2 version
>
>* DateTime settings ARE NOT stored to disk files anymore.
>     So it is wrong to expect that db restores date/time format from
>     prev. setting.
>     If you omit date-time format properties set the SYSTEM format will be used
>     instead.
>     (You should specify it each time for db right after open.)
>
>     Particularly vStudio skip format set - so system one is applied.
>
>* All you will need to fix - is add
>
>    SET PROPERTY DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE to 'kYMD'
>    set property DateSeparator OF DATABASE TO '-';

I don't get the logic of not keeping track of the DateTimeFormat of a
given database? Are you saying that one can change it at any time and
the old data will still be correct? That would be true only if the
internal storage format was something like Unix seconds or a
something custom, and the DateTimeFormat/ DateSeparator used only for
output.

Robert