need help with Clone

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Mar 18 17:57:17 CDT 2008

Hello Dave,

Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 12:33:22 AM, you wrote:

> I used Valentina Studio to clone a database (Mac OSX version).

> VStudio changed the date format to DDMMYYYY from its original YYYYMMDD
> format.  I try to change it back in VStudio but it does not take affect.

> Is there any way to change the date format after the database has been
> created?  Everything I try is not working...   I messed up and did not
> keep backups...

> Can you use the various date format setting commands upon opening the
> database, or is that only before / upon creation.

> I also tried dumping and pulling the data into a new database created
> with correct date format, but when I do SQL import crashes VStudio.

> How come VStudio changed the format?

> Any fix ideas?

Currently - I suppose starting from some 3.5.2 version

* DateTime settings ARE NOT stored to disk files anymore.
    So it is wrong to expect that db restores date/time format from
    prev. setting.
    If you omit date-time format properties set the SYSTEM format will be used
    instead.
    (You should specify it each time for db right after open.)

    Particularly vStudio skip format set - so system one is applied.

* All you will need to fix - is add

   SET PROPERTY DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE to 'kYMD'
   set property DateSeparator OF DATABASE TO '-';

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database