Exception finds fault with unique field which was not defined

Werner Ubr brains at brains.at
Wed Mar 5 13:12:28 CST 2008

Hi  I use V4RB_Carbon.rbx  on MacOS  With RB5.5.

On importing Data I received exceptions on adding Records. The
exception finds fault on a VText field as being not uniqe but that
field was never defined to be unique. It had only the attribut NULLABLE.
  When I verify the structure in debug mode the UNIQUE box ist
checked together with NULLABLE and INDEXED.
Fiddling around making the field much bigger helped in some cases, in
other it helped to remove the nullable attribut. But on checking
during runtime I see that the nullable attribute is set in the actual
object.

Is assigning values to a field not stable to field overflow? Do I run
into mischief to overwrite record structures? Is there a must to
check the length of the source which is to be assigned? I thought
VText is a variable length field and assume it will check its length.

BTW: it's annoying that the plugins not have a version-resource any
more, so some cant tell what is installed in the RB plugins folder.

regards Werner