Converting v1.1 to V3.5.2

Barry G. Sumpter barry at noodlebox.com.au
Sun Jun 15 19:37:14 CDT 2008

I haven't been successful converting v1.1 to v3.5.2.

I've attempted to convert by hand
One table at a time
but it's just too time intensive.

Some tables are taking 8+ hours then errors.

Then the 56 pointers etc have to be built.

----

The biggest problem with doing it by hand is the pointers
have to be turned into strings to load the data as the pointers
have to be pointing at valid RecID etc.
i.e. v1.1 allowed orphan pointers.

-----

I might try again today to see if the converter will work on a smaller db.
If not the attempt to convert the smaller db by hand.

-----

I wonder if Ruslan could advise on exactly what I should do when converting by hand.
i.e. not guessing but knowing exactly what steps to take.

----

  Thanks,
     Barry G. Sumpter