SQL Select with Binary Link

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:11:29 CDT 2008

Thanks as always and your examples help me realize that working with the
Valentina forign key stuff is not that much different.
One more question. If you are filling out a card with data from different
tables all at one and as you can see some of the returns are multiple line
(several phone numbers for one customer) and some go into check boxes and
some fill out the choices for pop-up buttons etc.

Is it best

1. Make a big SQL that returns everything you need, load it in variables and
then fill everything with those variables.

2. Make many separate SQL calls and fill out different things accordingly.

I was thinking choice two might be better because some of the the pop-ups
etc are used in the "edit and make new entry" card while they are
unnecessary in the view data card. But then it is lots more calls and code
writing and maybe slower.

I was also thinking choice 1. is better because then you could get a card
that would behave more like the original hypercard stack that was not
normalized stored data.

Your thoughts?