SQL Select with Binary Link

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:41:56 CDT 2008

It is not the fld names I want back but the data in the flds. For some
reason if you do the query you laid out:

SELECT Phone.*,Customer.*
FROM phone JOIN customer ON  customerphone
WHERE customer.ID = 5

and that particular customer with ID = 5 does not have any phone number then
there is no data returned at all. What I want to do is modify the query so
that the data for the customer will display even though that particular
customer had no telephone data.

As an additional I would also like the query to return only one customer
record even when the case is that the customer has several phone numbers
(but I have a workaround for this using RunRev where I only take the data
that is in the first row and repeat the phone numbers except that seems kind
of kludgy).