V4MD: Multiple opened Projector edit the same local db -> is that safe?

Marc Schmitt Marc_Schmitt at gmx.de
Fri Jun 13 08:38:56 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

you got me wrong ;)
I think you missed my last post. Actually my last question was:

If a projector that opened a db and because of an error the projector quits without closing it again via db.close(). What will happen if a new projector wants to test the 'db.isopen'-property of that (not explicitly closed) db?

On my machine the new projector states that the db is not open. I like that.

BUT, can I really be sure that under certain conditions it will not return 'db.isopen = 1' even though the crashed projector that opened the db isn't running any more?

BTW: Actually, I am going through the archives and read and read about the open/close trick.
But I didn't get the answer to my question above so far.

BTW2:
Can anybody recommend a tutorial or book or something about 'strategies for valentina with director' for people (like me) that do some scripting stuff but would never call themselves a 'serious programmer'? I found one book so far about it, but it's about valentina 1.x (and there seem to be many changes since then...)

Best regards
Marc
-------- Original-Nachricht --------