[V4REV] why does put revOpenDatabases() not work?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 19:51:07 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:09 PM, william humphrey <shoreagent at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry. When using gmail the messages get threaded and it just seems like
> one
> conversation from my (admittedly frustrated) point of view. I will go to
> your web site and try to figure out how to subscribe to the correct list
> for
> V4REV issues.

If you're not using them already may I suggest that you use gmail's Label
and Filter features. It's easy to set up a label for each List you subscribe
to 'ValGen', 'ValStud' and 'Rev' It's then also easy to set up Filters to
automatically attach these Labels as they posts come in.

It's then very easy to view just ValGen posts, or Rev posts, but even
better, there's nothing stopping you allocating multiple labels to a post,
so for instance, you could have posts which are labeled, ValGen,Rev,Mac -
which probably would be of far more interest to you than a post which is
just labeled ValGen and happens to refer to a problem with RealBasic on Win
;-)

Once you start using Labels and Filters in gmail you'll find them very nifty
in separating the wheat from the chaff.

HTH
PS Whilst this should be set up to run as posts come in,there is nothing
stopping you from doing this after the fact. Simply do a gmail search for
each List's e-mail address and you can Label them all in one go:-)