I still need to work with v1 files in VStudio

Giacomo Vernoni giacomo at way-out.it
Thu Jun 12 10:57:43 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

> Convert_1_2  works 200%
>
>    just 2 weeks ago I self have test this fixing one big in convert.
>    you can check latest 3.6 b16 Vstudio
>    http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta2/3.6b16

Thanks, downloaded. Will check!

> Igor, please check from this Mantis issue
>    problem 2
>    problem 3

Please! please!

> Giacomo, actually please keep in mind that v1 plugin of vstudio is
> 4-5 years
> out of date. We do not support it any more. Igor will make fixes
> only if
> they are simple on few minutes.
>
> Best of all upgrade to 3.x

All the projects I'm working on are already converted to version 3,
except one that can't be upgraded (for now).

Conversion of big projects takes time, much attention, and careful
verification: every "valentina" line of code must be changed and
tested, we all know that syntax changed, behaviour of returned results
is sometimes different... Time is money and my customer doesn't want
to pay me to get an "upgraded" application that is exactly the same
from his point of view!

Adobe Illustrator can open files from 20 years ago: why can't VStudio
v3 deal with 4 years old v1 files?
I am buying Valentina since early version 1, a loyal customer I
think... no one else needs v1 support?
Am I the only one? :-(

Giacomo