[V4REV] TIP !!! ---> Use always DebugLevel = kLogErrors

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 12 00:37:26 CDT 2008

On 6/12/08 2:27 AM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> I have another question. I have two problems with my database. One that I
> thought was caused by the timeout which was that the database kept closing but
> now with the serial number entered it still closes and does not re-open unless
> I close and restart RunRev.
>

> The second question is why does running the VDatabase_Destructor always crash
> RunRev?
>
> on DatabaseClose
>     get VDatabase_Close( mDatabase )
>
>    -- put VDatabase_Destructor( mDatabase ) into mDatabase
>

> end DatabaseClose

FIRST BIG ADVICE is

    Right after Valentina_Init call
    specify Valentina_DebugLevel() to be kLogError. See docs for details.

When V4REV works in this mode, it do CHECKS of all References you send to it
and protect self from crashes. When you will polish your code and ready to
deploy, disable debug level and you get it fast.

Also DebugLevel will produce you LOG FILE on disk about ALL calls of
Valentina methods. You will see

    * Names of methods
    * parameters and values
    * if method have finish ok or there was error msg
    * order of method calls.