OID queries

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at cognosis.be
Mon Jun 9 02:45:40 CDT 2008

Hi List, Ruslan,

why does this query not work:
select ** where OID = 176093659137

gives unexpected token (wants to see FROM I guess)

But since an OID is unique in the database and as I understand the
first part of the ID refers to the table, shouldn't Valentina be able
to resolve this.

I find this rather important since it spares me the addition of adding
a field to a table that identifies the table the id is coming from.
Just to make it clear I do not want to use an objectpointer because an
objectpointer is limited to pointing to a predefined table.

In the design I need I need to be able to store a pointer to any
table. Normally I solve this by using 2 fields (ID (long) and
Tablename(varchar)).
However this functionality seems to be in the OID but not implement in
the SQL parser.

TIA

Bart Pietercil