V4RB crash on GetPicture

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Fri Jun 6 05:35:36 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

Il giorno 06-giu-08, alle ore 07:03, Ruslan Zasukhin ha scritto:

> On 6/5/08 11:27 AM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
> Hi Erne.
>
>> I often get this crash when attempting to retriev a picture from a
>> VPicture.
>>
>> It happens randomly and not always with the same record,
>> I've tried also the latest 3.6b15 but still happens.
>>
>> I've also noticed that some greyscale pictures come out slightly
>> corrupted
>> maybe something has changed in RB plugins picture creation?
>>
>> This is a huge showstopper for me, do you think that I can meanwhile
>> reconstruct the pict myself from the Pictfield raw data?
>> (I have MBS that has several string to pict conversion functions but
>> not sure if one of them fits the internal Vale storage)
>
> ------
>> Date/Time:      2008-06-04 18:07:00.281 +0200
>> OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S165)
>> Report Version: 4
>>
>> Command: Musical Box
>> Contents/MacOS/Musical Box
>> Parent:  WindowServer [100]
>>
>> Version: 2.0 (2.0.0.0)
>>
>> PID:    741
>>
>> Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
>> Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0x07e75002
>>
>> Thread 0 Crashed:
>> 0   libvshared_fat_release.dylib     0x05652678
>> fbl::WritePackedLineColorWithRLE(unsigned char**, unsigned char*
>> const*, long, unsigned char) + 208
>> 1   libvshared_fat_release.dylib     0x05652aec
>> fbl::CreateMacPictFromBmp
>> (PLBmp*, unsigned char*, unsigned long) + 752
>> 2   libvshared_fat_release.dylib     0x056532ac fbl::ConvertAny2Pict
>> (unsigned char*, unsigned long) + 148
>> 3   libvkernel_fat_release.dylib     0x05962b10
>> fbl::VPicture::ReadPicture() + 132
>> 4   V4RB (3.5.2).rbx_0.dylib         0x05584df8 Picture_Read
>> (REALobjectStruct*) + 124
>> 5   com.mybox.musicalbox             0x0030ad9c VPicture.ReadPicture%
>> o<Picture>%o<VPicture> + 112
> -----------------
>

> So you are on MAC...

yep!

> Questions
>
> 1) have you try to run our Examples related to pictures:
>         API_way/..Pictures
>         SQL_way/..Pictures
>

> 2) Valentina stored in BLOB picture as JPG.
>     BLOB field have method as
>       WriteTodisk() which upload to disk location  BLOB contents as
> is,
>       so you can use this as easy workaround to extract back JPG.
>

> 3) Does Valentina Studio can open your db and show your pictures
> correctly?

well, I made several tests and appears that Vale somewhat chokes on
converting RB pictures on the Mac

It not crash always, but when images show up they always seem
corrupted expecially when saved with a quality parameter greater than 50

I solved the problem yesterday night as you suggest quite easily with
the MBS plugin JpegExporter/Importer classes so my show can go on
  (thanx Christian saved my day yet another time! :-)

I stumbled on this converting a legacy 1.x vale DB but the problem is
easily verified even on a fresh new one,
just play a little with the VPicture WritePictureAs and ReadPicture
methods and sooner or later a crash will come
I'll send you a little test app if you want

Thanks always for listening.

Cool Runnings,
Erne.