V4RB Cursor.ExportText() troubles

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 6 00:08:20 CDT 2008

On 6/5/08 4:55 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> I got some issues with the Cursor.ExportText() function
>
> 1) Text fields are surrounded by double quotes, and there's no option
> to disable this.

As I remember if you do COMA separated export, quotes are added.
For other record separators they will not be added.

> 2) The UTF-8 parameter seems to fail, at some point in the output
> file I get some weird japanese text. UTF-16 works fine.

Hmm, report this to Mantis and apply simple db that reproduce
ideally with one table, one filed and a couple of records.

> 3) I set the DB DateFormat to yyyymmdd and DateSeparator to "", but I
> get date parts separated by a null CHR(0) character.

You mean that you want to get 20080506 without separator at all?
Nobody have asked yet about this. Please add into Mantis as feature request.

> 4) There's no way to set a custom decimal separator for numbers
>     (well, a string function in the select statement could runaround
> this one).

About decimal exists mantis request as I remember.

About string ... Exists also request on format() function, but we have meet
some issues on the way to implement it, or just was no time on that...

> all these I can workaround postprocessing the output file, but would
> be nice if I could avoid this further unnecessary step.

Agree of course.