[V4RB] Best place for a new demo?

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Wed Jul 30 15:03:24 CDT 2008

On Wednesday, July 30, 2008 bart.pietercil at cognosis.be (Bart Pietercil) wrote:

>In order to develop & compile with the latest version of RealBasic
>(2008R3) you need the latest BETA of Valentina, well not the latest
>beta but the new constructor is added in the last beta series (now
>3.6b30).

I am using RB2008r3 and V4RB 3.01.  The only gotcha is that everytime I need to start RB, I have to handle the dialog box that comes up and asks if I want to resolve the constructor issues for Valentina.  I select them all, click Resolve, and continue my work.  I've released versions of my app for Mac and Windows with no apparent problems.

It is a minor pain in the ass to do the dialog box everytime I need to start RB, but in place of renewing my Valentina license, I can live with it.  I will eventually renew, but I can wait.

Your milage may vary.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ