Fixed Binary[16] Index

Stefan Von Torklus stefanvt at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 15:00:47 CDT 2008

Yes, I understand this.
Maybe I'm completly wrong...
But:
I have a 16 Byte-Value.
I split it into 2 ULLValue-Fields. (simple memcpy the first 8 Bytes to the first variable and then memcpy the second 8 Bytes to the next variable)
I need a fast lookup on both values.
You said, that maybe it's possible with the method-field, so I only need one index.
(I need to have a closer look on that)

But how would I search on the MethodField to compare my searchValue (16 Byte) with two 8 Byte Values in the DB? The findXXX-family only allows to search for one I_Value_Ptr. (Don't I need 2 search parameters?)
Or would it be possible to create a FixedBinary[16]-Method-Field, which then is able to be indexed?

Sorry, i currently didn't have time to try this out, so I ask it without really knowing what I'm talking about ;-)

but thank you very much for help!!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------