1 Tip, 1 question

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Jul 17 11:00:44 CDT 2008

Hello Neal,

> Now the question:
> In dealing with changes to table definitions that occur over time (for
> instance to support new features), what is the preferred way to
> migrate old data to new? In my programs where I use XML preference
> files, for instance, I validate that all of the xml tags are present
> and add those on the fly if not. Is that how people do it with
> Valentina?

The database can be "versioned" with SchemaVersion property.
See "Schema Version" database property in VStudio.

It is available from any Valentina ADK.

So it could be something like

if( db.SchemaVersion == 1 )
{
    // Do something for upgrade db structure
    db.SchemaVersion = 2;
}

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer