1 Tip, 1 question

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:33:21 CDT 2008

First the tip!
I found that sending the valentina reference pdf to an online printing
place (I used our local Kinko's) for doublesided printing and spiral
bound packaging was most  invaluable for working with valentina! I
have sticky notes bookmarking where the VTable, VField and other
assorted reference points are. I use it a billion times a day and its
always with me! Since I use both RB and Revolution daily, I have both
together with my working notebook and they go with my laptop
everywhere!

Now the question:
In dealing with changes to table definitions that occur over time (for
instance to support new features), what is the preferred way to
migrate old data to new? In my programs where I use XML preference
files, for instance, I validate that all of the xml tags are present
and add those on the fly if not. Is that how people do it with
Valentina?

Thanks
Neal

--