asynchronous query processing

Stefan Von Torklus stefanvt at gmx.de
Sat Jul 12 12:51:35 CDT 2008

Hello,

Currently we are searching for the right DB-Backend for one caching-system in our server. (C++ ADK 3.0) We don't want to code all the Memory/File-things on our own. ;-)
I knew valentina from earlier projects and get in touch with its imposing speed.
(I have an actual VDN-Pro Licence)

Is there a way to get an asynchronous interface to make queries?
We have only limited threads within our server (and don't want to change this).
So we can't wait for an answer of the engine for so long.

If the data is a cache-hit (within memory) it wouldn't be the big problem. But if the Enginge needs to
read from the filesystem, it would be to long to wait for our thread...

Is there, or will there be a possibility to do this with valentina in the near future?

TIA!
Greetz,
Stefan von Torklus