comparing RunRev SQL method with Valentina method

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 11:18:20 CDT 2008

One other thing you can try (I am using it at the moment) is Trevor
Devor's libdatabase at
http://www.bluemangolearning.com/developer/revolution/. It "sits on
top of runrev's database routines" as he says but I can see that for
valentina2 databases it uses actual VDatabase commands so it should be
faster than the example mentioned at the beginning. It is written in
transcript so you an see exactly what he is doing (and debug thru it)
at all times.

Also in there is a nice library that does binding between the database
and objects on your card..

As an aside, I found that working with object pointers to be quite
intuitive for linking since you are storing individual recids.

Neal

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:05 PM, william humphrey <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have tried to study that. It is a very slow process to learn from a stack
> which is meant to show statistics when it would be so easy to learn from a
> stack that actually used the code to do what I'm trying to do.
>
> Thanks for answering. I wish this list was more like the RunRev list with
> many people all the time ready to answer my fairly mundane questions.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com