comparing RunRev SQL method with Valentina method

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 07:53:05 CDT 2008

When I do this (for 5000 records):

It takes minutes:

  put "select trim(i_clients_companyname || ' ' || i_clients_Lastname || ',
' || i_clients_firstname || ' ' || i_clients_middlename) as clients,
i_clients_id, RecID from info_clients" & SQLWhere into tSQL

  put revDataFromQuery(tab,return , sDatabaseId,tSQL)into tVar

But when I do this:

It is very useable and takes less than a second.

put "select trim(i_clients_companyname || ' ' || i_clients_Lastname || ', '
|| i_clients_firstname || ' ' || i_clients_middlename) as clients,
i_clients_id, RecID from info_clients" & SQLWhere into tSQL

  put VDatabase_SqlSelect( mDatabase, tSQL ) into CursorRef

  put VCursor_GetRecords(cursorRef,1,recCount,tab,return ) into tVar

  set uData of fld "theData" to tVar

-- Am I doing something wrong when I do the RunRev SQL method? I must be
because also the RunRev method is only returning one record in the output.