3.5.1 server - strange sql results

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Jan 31 10:05:36 CST 2008

Hello Robert,

> A SQL statement that worked fine in earlier versions is giving me
> trouble in 3.5.1. I'm using v4rb and vserver.

> select trans.**,projects.fullname from trans,projects where trans.type
> = 0 and trans.fldDate = '12/31/2007'

> Using 3.5.1, the above statement produces a cursor that does not
> restrict the value of trans.type to 0. In other words, I get too many
> records, some of them have trans.type = 1, etc.

> If I eliminate from the query the relationship with table "projects"--->

>       select trans.**, from trans where trans.type = 0 and
> trans.fldDate = '12/31/2007'

> then the cursor only includes records with the correct value for
> trans.type.

> Is this clear?  It's a showstopper.

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vkernel:database:datetime_format

It describe how Valentina 3.5.2 will work with datetime settings.

* DateTime settings ARE NOT stored to disk files.
    So it is wrong expect that db KNOWN date/time format.
    Instead the SYSTEM format will be used
    or you must specify it each time for db right after open.

* All you will need to fix - is add

   SET PROPERTY DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE to 'kMDY'
   set property DateSeparator OF DATABASE TO '/';

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database