ODBC Mac

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 28 15:59:33 CST 2008

On 27/1/08 7:59 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> Hello Ruslan,
>
> any idea when ODBC for Mac will be ready? You really should check
> your website (http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/developer/adk/
> VODBC) as it mentions the availability of Mac and Windows versions.

Sorry for delay, two days busy by setup new Win box CoreDuo Quadra...
Have decide trash Vista, because it cause only troubles to me :-)

Developer of ODBC driver have spend 1-15 Dec on MAC ODBC, have got 50-60%
working, but unfortunately have got serious troubles with health. He still
out of job.

> Do I really need to use VServer by the way? I need to shift some data
> to Filemaker and want to get rid of the AppleScript I have now in
> place. But the "normal" user would only use a local database and not
> the server.

With ODBC Driver?

Well, for Windows we have 2 versions:

    VODBC Client            client to VSERVER
    VODBC Standalone        include Vcomponents/VKERNEL.dll

So you think about
    user will open that db in exclusive mode using VODBC driver,
    and then use it via ODBC API ...
Right ?