ODBC Mac

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 10:47:41 CST 2008

Hi Thorsten,

On 28.01.2008, at 17:23, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> Yes, you only need ODBC for the filemaker side, and of course the
> system part (this is the one you and all of the customers (AFAIK)
> need to pay for.

Okay, will check this.

>> The amount of data actually can be pretty huge and the export can
>> be used often. The Web Companion might have been an idea,
> If pretty hugh is >>1000 and often is more then once a day - simply
> forget it, otherwise set up a sample.

What do you mean with a sample - perhaps example? And yes, it can be
more than 1000 records. The AppleScript works pretty well, but it's
rather slow and it depends on the field order in one layout.

>> if it would work for Filemaker 8.5 on Leopard. But thanks for the
>> idea, I will check it.
>
> THIS would clearly never run and even if you were able to get it on
> a test system up IMHO it's not reliable enough to give it to a
> customer. FM states very clear, that only FMP 9.5 will run on
> Leopard and all my long term experience with FMP (over 13 years)
> have teached me one thing, even on recommended system you'll get a
> bunch of issues.

I know, but it's a legacy system and the customers actually like the
Filemaker solution because they are familiar with Filemaker and they
can extend the solution themselves.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.