ODBC Mac

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sun Jan 27 12:09:06 CST 2008

Hi Beatrix,

obviously I'm not Ruslan.

On 2008-01-27, at 18:59, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> any idea when ODBC for Mac will be ready? You really should check
> your website (http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/developer/adk/VODBC
> ) as it mentions the availability of Mac and Windows versions. Do I
> really need to use VServer by the way? I need to shift some data to
> Filemaker and want to get rid of the AppleScript I have now in
> place. But the "normal" user would only use a local database and not
> the server.

I don't get it. So what you want to do is to connect from FileMaker
via ODBC to Valentina, right?

Why don't you go the other way? Use a REALbasic app, connect to
Valentina (of course using local file is possible) using the common
V4RB classes and then connect to FileMaker via ODBC.

But of course AFAIK there is no free ODBC solution available for Mac
OS X, so your customer need probably to pay for ODBC. Perhaps a better
solution for small amount of data and not often used interfaces is to
use the build in FileMaker WebInterface and an app the reading the
data out of Valentina and pushes in FileMaker through the FM-Web-
Companion?

Just some wild thoughts on a sunday evening,

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany