Backup Database

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:27:30 CST 2008

Hi Ruslan, List

deployment phase of our app is near so we are looking to the backup
database.

I would like to specify the TO absolute path parameter, but here some
questions arise

1)
The absolute path I need to specify is this OS-specific ? I mean do I
need to use on Mac OS X the ':'-colon separator and on Windows the'\ '-
backslash ?
Or can I use the universal path separator ='/'- forward slash?

I think this should be made clear on the Wiki maybe with some examples ?

2) I suppose I'll use the create event (since the db to be backed-up
is on a VServer). Now I am wondering if this setup would work
1) Create Event that calls a stored procedure in the DB
2) Stored Procedure contains Backup Database command (amongst other
commands, ie. I would like to register in a logging table of the DB
that the Backup went OK at Now())

would this work ?

Looking forward to an answer.
TIA