migrating to 3.5.1 - time to use links?

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Tue Jan 22 23:01:50 CST 2008

v4rb, macosx, vserver

I have been putting off learning binary links and changing my code
(lots of it) to go along. But as I try to get my project working with
3.5.1, I wonder if I need to change to make 3.5.1 work. I know this is
probably widely known info, but I can't make it out clearly on the
wiki. I pay attention to this list for a few months when I'm
developing, then don't see it for a few more when I take a break from
developing (its an application that runs my small office - no other
users or commercial interest).

Anyway, my code choked by calling vcursor.objectptrfield. I see this
method of casting was removed in 3.5. Has other objectptrfield
functionality been eliminated, thus I need to be using binary links?
Or is it not a significant change, I just can't cast an objectptrfield
the way I did previously?

Thanks