vconnection failure: "unexpected packet version"

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Mon Jan 21 10:39:38 CST 2008

*I don't have my development machine with me so the following may
include some approximatations. I can get precise later today if
needed. (Thanks for your patience).*

I'm trying to move my v4rb/vserver config up a few versions with the
ultimate aim of getting current, or close to it. Whenever I do this I
get disoriented: vserver office reports 2 different versions in the
terminal window, i think I'm opening a 3.0 version db with vstudio 3.3
with the intention of getting the db ready for a more current vserver
version. vstudio reports i'm opening a 2.4 version db and it will be
saved as 2.8!

Anyway, what I think I'm trying to do is move a 3.0 system to 3.3.

My code chokes when I try to invoke vconnection, reporting something
like "unexpected packet version."

My currnet vconnection code is:

vConnect = new vConnection(ip,nam,pass,15432,5,"")

I believe that constructor is still correct for 3.3???

Can someone give me an idea where to look to troubleshoot this problem?

robert nichols

formwork design llc
114 3rd st ne | charlottesville, va 22902 | 434.296.2223 | www.formworkdesign.com