Tablenames in Danish

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jan 21 02:18:58 CST 2008

On 21/1/08 10:11 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2008-01-21, at 03:43, danhc at mail.dk wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of using the special danish letters that are not in the
>> english alphabet in Table-names, Field-names etc?
>

> although I'm not sure about danish letters, I'm pretty sure about
> accented chars, umlauts, ... - they're currently definitely not
> possible. When you're (by error) able to generate such a field (i.e.
> by mysql-dump import), it will be a source of endless issues.

Right,

We also have test with Russian for names of Tables and fields,
And some things work, some not.

We consider this minor issue, because even if make it working, you will be
able use such names only and always with double quotes:

    SELECT "strangeName1"
    FROM "strangeName2"

What is way to troubles and often typos.