Installing V4REV_3_winexe on Vista

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Thu Jan 17 06:54:48 CST 2008

Hi, Mike.

You wrote 17.01.2008, 12:53:21:

>> Please explain to me how you can run our installer on Vista without
>> admin rights?
>> I can't run it while I'm not get to Vista the admin password.
>
> You are correct, in that you can not install unless you are logged
> in with admin rights, but even if you are, if you try to install in
> the program files folder, executable/dll files seem to be installed
> in a shadow directory and are then lost on rebooting.  This happens
> if you download the install executable and ‘run’ the program.  If
> you save the file to disk and the right click on the file, you are
> offered to install as admin.  This seems to work ok.
Okay. You talk about our installer right?

I have non-admin user. I go to the http://www.valentina-db.com and  click here on Revolution for windows v.3.5.1
http://www.valentina-db.com/download/v4rev_3_win.exe

IE ask me what I want to do with this file:
"Do you want to run this file?"
And I click to "Run" button.

After it was download Vista ask me if I'm sure to run it, I'm press "Yes". Next it require admin password, I'm enter it too.
Later I have normal run of our installation.
After it successfully ended I'm go to the "Program Files/Paradigma/VComponents_Win_VC".

No "hidden" folders or files here.
I'm also restart PC.
Again all folders and files present.

Please try it again. Can you reproduce it?

Kirill Pekarov
Software Engineer Associate
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database