3.5.2b5 change in joins?

Steven Ophalvens silversoft at skynet.be
Wed Jan 16 07:36:10 CST 2008

Hello all,

I just picked up from version 3.3 and updated yesterday to 3.5.2b5 after
encountering some
problems. Now everything seems to work fine ('method (recId)' fields seemed
to give problems
when going from 3.3 to 3.5 or higher).

But now I am stumped : the following join always worked before correctly:
---
select
	login,paswoord,rollen.naam as 'rol', gebruikers.id as 'id',
gebruikers.naam as 'naam', voornaam, login_datum, login_tijd
from
	gebruikers, rollen
where
	gebruikers.rol_id = rollen.id
	and
		gebruikers.login='docent'
	and
		gebruikers.paswoord='docent'
---
This should return only 1 record, but instead I get ALL records, including
the ones that don't match the login and/or passwoord field.

Testing this in vStudio, I get the same results as in V4MD.

The above query works correctly if I now change it to :

---
select
	login,paswoord,rollen.naam as 'rol', gebruikers.id as 'id',
gebruikers.naam as 'naam', voornaam, login_datum, login_tijd
from
	gebruikers join rollen
on
	gebruikers.rol_id = rollen.id
where
		gebruikers.login='docent'
	and
		gebruikers.paswoord='docent'
---

I hope I don't have to rewrite/check all my queries ...

Greetings,

Steven Ophalvens