Enabling Valentina for Flash.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 15 11:19:10 CST 2008

On 15/1/08 4:52 PM, "Guy McLoughlin" <guy at lingodingo.com> wrote:

Hi Guy,

> At 02:12 AM 15/01/2008, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>>> D) Other
>>>
>>> Most of my work is switching from Adobe Director to Adobe Flash. I need a
>>> local database solution that can be used from a Flash projector. I love
>>> Valentina, it's a great database, but right now I can't think of any way to
>>> use it from a Flash projector.
>>
>> Wait.
>>
>> As far as I know, Flash developers talk to ANY database with help of
>> XML.Right?
>
> I want to talk to a local DB directly from a Flash projector, the same way I
> would use the Valentina Xtra with Adobe Director.
>
> This is for projects where there is NO Internet connection, where most of the
> projects content will be stored in a local database.

> So far the best solution I have found is a free DLL that allows the Zinc Flash
> projector to use the SQLite DLLs to work with local databases.
>
> SQLite for Zinc
> http://www.thecodezone.com/downloads/sqlite.html
>
> So using these DLLs I can now work with local SQLite databases directly from a
> Zinc Flash projector by writing AS3 Flash code.

Ok I see idea.

> I wish that Paradigmasoft had the same type of solution for Valentina, so I
> could work with Valentina directly from a Zinc Flash projector using AS3 code.

Well, Flash market is big, so may be there is interest for us.
I have ask Vadim investigate this Zinc way, and then SqlLite module also.

* Guy, how many do you think users of Flash use this LOCAL only way?
* also I wonder then, does exists for AS3 some "ORM frameworks? :-)

I asking because I think if its possible develop such solution which from
the same AS3 code will work as with local so with remote db.