Enabling Valentina for Flash.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 15 01:12:22 CST 2008

On 15/1/08 2:50 AM, "Guy McLoughlin" <guy at lingodingo.com> wrote:

Hi Guy,

> D) Other
>
> Most of my work is switching from Adobe Director to Adobe Flash. I need a
> local database solution that can be used from a Flash projector. I love
> Valentina, it's a great database, but right now I can't think of any way to
> use it from a Flash projector.

Wait.

As far as I know, Flash developers talk to ANY database with help of XML.
Right?

MySQL also do not have any Flash-enabled options, just they do:

        Flash -> generate XML on client
        XML is sent to SERVER side
        here PHP is parsing XML and do SQL query to DB
        get cursor of result, then PHP generate XML answer
        send it back to client.
        on client side Flash parse XML to get answer.

Working with LOCAL db you can use the same way. Right?

-----------------------
> I wish that Paradigmasoft would work with one of the 3rd party Flash projector
> companies like MDM's Zinc ( http://www.multidmedia.com/software/zinc/ ) or
> Northcode's SWF Studio ( http://www.northcode.com/swfstudio.php ) to make
> Valentina available to Flash developers.

Okay. Your request taken.

Please return back to Valentina list and we can discuss ways to resolve
this. I assume a lots of Director developers now use Flash. Just I did not
think that for this we need implement something special, except be XML ready
:-)

These 2 IDEs, each have own way to work with dbs ?