Tutorial for Revolution

Kirill Pekarov kirill_pekarov at valentina-db.com
Mon Jan 14 01:19:18 CST 2008

Hi, Ruslan.

You wrote 12.01.2008, 21:18:27:

> I wonder, Kirill, you also have see that dbs was created in the Rev.app
> folder ???  You was need point this, because this is really not very
> expected location.
No! They both was created in the folder near the stack.

> Expected is near to STACK.

> May be this depends how to open stack?
>     by double click or by menu File->Open
aha, if at first step run Revolution and then open stack file - LOG
created near Revolution, database - near the stack file as expected.

For creating database we use path to the stack:
-- Build db full path near to stack:
  get the effective filename of this stack
  set the itemDel to slash
  put the (item 1 to -2 of it) & slash & "Database1" into dbPath

  So it always will be near the stack.

LOG files by default used the "Current Directory" of app.
If there is necessity - I can add something like
"Valentina_PathToLog( inPathToLog )".

Kirill Pekarov
Software Engineer Associate
Paradigma Software, Inc