Valentina Win32 data access component like libmysql.dll?

Kenley Lamaute klamaute at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:19:23 CST 2008

I am currently using the following MQL code ('C++ / Java' like language
supplied by my broker on the MetaTrader platform) to write data to a local
MySQL database on a Vista installation.

As you can see from the import statement below, MySQL has a "libmysql" COM
component that allows one to simply read, write or call stored procs on a
MYSQL database from any high level programming language / Win32 application.

MQL code >>
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                 TicksInMySQL.mq4 |
//|                      Copyright (c) 2006, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |
//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
#property copyright "Copyright (c) 2006, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"

*#import "libmysql.dll"*
int mysql_init(int db);
int mysql_errno(int TMYSQL);
int mysql_real_connect(int TMYSQL, string host, string user, string
password,
                       string DB,int port,int socket,int clientflag);
int mysql_real_query(int TMSQL, string query, int length);
void mysql_close(int TMSQL);
#import
int mysql;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert initialization function                                   |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int init()
  {
   mysql = mysql_init(mysql);
   if(mysql != 0)
       Print("allocated");
   string host = "localhost";
   string user = "user";
   string password = "pass";
   string DB = "test";
   int clientflag = 0;
   int port = 3306;
   string socket = "";
   int res =
mysql_real_connect(mysql,host,user,password,DB,port,socket,clientflag);
   int err = GetLastError();
   if(res == mysql)
       Print("connected");
   else
       Print("error=", mysql, " ", mysql_errno(mysql), " ");
   return(0);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert deinitialization function                                 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int deinit()
  {
   mysql_close(mysql);
//----
   return(0);
  }
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert start function                                            |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int start()
  {
   string query = "";
   int length = 0;

   for (int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++)
// For all orders in the terminal
     {
    if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS)==true)
                        //If there is the next and our currency pair
       {

   query = StringConcatenate("insert into
ticks(margin,freemargin,date,ask,bid,symbol,equity) values(",
                             AccountMargin(), ",", AccountFreeMargin(),
",\"",
                             TimeToStr(CurTime(), TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS),
"\",",
                             NormalizeDouble(Ask, 4), ",",
NormalizeDouble(Bid, 4),
                             ",\"", OrderSymbol(), "\",", AccountEquity(),
");");
   length = StringLen(query);
   mysql_real_query(mysql, query, length);
   int myerr = mysql_errno(mysql);
   if(myerr > 0)
       Print("error=",myerr);
  }
}}

<<

Does Valentina embedded server db have a similar component to
libmysql.dllto read, write and call stored procedures?

If so, will someone please point me to documentation and usage examples?

Thanks,
Ken