SSL Question

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Feb 26 15:38:04 CST 2008

Hello Jason,

> Hello All,

> I am trying to experiment with the SSL adapter.  Using the brief
> directions in the Wiki, I have enabled my license file for SSL, it is
> recognized on startup of the VServer.  For testing only as the Wiki
> indicates I am using the supplied cert and key.

> I enable the ssl option on the connection to the VServer.

> I keep getting the following error in the server log:

> 11:21:27.662273 (2955046912): (14) ERROR 0x82515: Received packet is
> broken.
> ACE_SSL (1906|2954514432) error code: 336511089 - error:140EC071:SSL
> routines:SSL2_READ_INTERNAL:bad mac decode

> Does anybody have any suggestions or is there a step I am missing in
> using the SSL adapter.

I could say the only thing: server has been received the packet which
is not able to be operated with because of error during ssl-decoding.

It could be a lot of reasons - firstly please check:
I suppose you are trying to connect vServer from vStudio?

You are connecting to the port which is declared "for SSL use" in
server ini file. But you should also check out "Use SSL" checkbox on
"Connect to Valentina Server" dialog.

If it does not help I need some extra info - whole vServer log (set
VerboseLevel=3; before start)

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc