Cursor_GetRecord and Cursor_GetRecords

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:16:14 CST 2008

Hi all,

I haven't been on the list for a while, but I'm just now migrating to
the latest version of Valentina and starting a new project for my
company. I've got a question regarding a couple differences between
the older 1.x version (which I've been using up until now) and the
newer 3.x version. This may be the first of many such questions. :-)

I've been re-writing my code to go with the latest version. In the old
1.x version, there were two functions: Cursor_GetRecord and
Cursor_GetRecords, for retrieving the current record or all records
from a cursor. I can't seem to find corresponding functions in the new
version. Do they exist? If not, what is the best way to accomplish
this? So far all I can come up with is getting a list of field names
in a cursor (I'm assuming this is possible), then iterating through
the fields, concatenating a string of all the field values. Seems like
a lot of extra work. And to do that for all records in a cursor... Not
fun. Is there a better way? Or should I just simply use
SQLSelectRecords instead?

I'm using Revolution btw. Version 2.8.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.2, intel.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally, Inc.